Friday, August 29, 2008

Meeting

Hi.
James said you would never come over.
Cool.
Yes it is.
So should I do anything.
No. Just stand there. I'll figure it out. You look familiar but I've been to a lot of places so maybe you just look like somebody I've seen somewhere. You haven't been in Prague, have you?
No.
That's too bad. It's a beautiful place and not because it is inexpensive, I don't care about that materialistic bullshit. It's the architecture. The smell of the place. I'm a real fragrant person. The Doctor told my mother when I was a baby that I had a heightened sense of smell. People sometimes think I'm weird because I can tell if a place is going to be good - like a restaurant or bar or gallery - by walking in and smelling it. Do you think that is weird?
No.
Me either. James never said you were smart. He knows I crave intelligence. So have you heard about the latest gallery opening in Latham, it's a small town south of Crakesville. Their showcasing one of my pieces. Would you like to come? I can put you on the guest list but you have to promise to come because I only get a few people to put on my list. I feel like some rockstar, putting people on the guest list. Isn't that stupid. Lists. Fucken lists.
I guess so.
Do you mean you guess you want to come to my opening or you think lists are lame?
The first.
Okay. I'll call James and put you on the list like some goddamned rockstar who sleeps with goupies and does lines of coke off their tits.
Cool.

No comments: